Saturday 7 September 2013

Being fascinated

I have always been strangely compelled to pick up interesting pieces of art and craft that I came across whether it was in my travels or at exhibitions or stores. India has so many different types of crafts, that one can easily lose count and themselves. 

This interest of mine possibly has its roots in a nomadic childhood as my home was always filled with bric-a-brac from the different regions my family lived in. It was mostly was the same with friends and neighbours too, so the scenario did not seem very unusual. 

And, my fascination for India's arts and crafts has only grown over the years. Here are a few things, similar to the ones I grew up seeing around me. 

batik, india, art
Batik painting
Walnut wood carved partition



(images courtesy: Google.co.in/images)

No comments:

Post a Comment